75100385

Mrs maureen souders has been a tenacey holder with london and

Customer Question

mrs maureen souders has been a tenacey holder with london and quadrant for approx 30 years she is a joint holder with mr alan souders .mr souders left in 1991 and went back to america.as he is american. she has had no contact and has no way to find where he is.she would like to keep the present tenancy agreement in her name.on the form that was sent by L and Q it states mr souders has to sign to say he doesn't want the tenancy any more .This is impossible as explained due to his disappearance.this has also stopped her getting a divorce as well which is another issue she will have to follow up.Please is there any way around this problem and she would thank you very much for your expertise.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Assuming they were married then Quadrant can simply amend the tenancy. She has been living there for 30 years and it was joint with his Mr Souders. As such it can be amended to reflected it is in her sole name.
She should write and ask that this is done. If this is refused or they ignore the request then she should complain to the Ombudsman. They can consider the complaint and are impartial and can examine the complaint for free at:
http://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/