ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I'm facing a big issue of work. I'm not getting paid

Hello, I'm facing a big issue of work. I'm not getting paid at my job. What can I do? I already quit this job more than a month ago because of this problem. This issue had been going on for a long time. Until I worked there I always received my payment 1 or 2 month after the date of payment on my contract (for example I received the first half of April in the beginning of June, and the second half at the end of June). Since I quit, I've been contacting my previous employer on the phone, face to face and he keeps telling me he will transfer the money but nothing happens. Just fake promises one after the other. I just can't deal with this alone anymore. What do you suggest me to do?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Were you an employee or self employed?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to hear about the difficulties that you are having with your employer.
As an employee you were entitled to be paid for the work that you have done.
I note that you have spoken with your employer and he has verbally advised you that he would pay but this has never materialised. You should now officially write to your employer and request payment for the outstanding wages.
If your employer fails to pay or disputes your entitlement then you should firstly put in a written claim to your employer and if that fails ask an employment tribunal to consider the matter - you would be claiming for an unlawful deduction of wages. This must be done within three months from the date of which you should have been paid. You will therefore need to act very quickly.
An ACAS Conciliator may be able to assist here. Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law. They can be found at: http://www.acas.org.uk
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received. No credit is given for our work unless positive feedback is received.
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience: Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery