12826847

Im am due in court and my solicitor cannot take due to the

Customer Question

Im am due in court and my solicitor cannot take due to the ongoing strike, can i get the court to adjourn if this continues
Are you in the Magistrates or the Crown Court?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
crown
Is this for PCMH?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1st time there ,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
says for sentence
If it is for a preliminary hearing then the Court probably will carry on as that is just a timetabling hearing. It isn't helpful when they do that because it means that solicitors and counsel have no idea of the timetable because defendants won't understand and if they do they can't be relied on to provide it.
If it is for PCMH then you would get an adjournment. The Court won't force you to enter a plea without advice. If the Judge does then just refuse to indict a plea and he can strop all he wants. That isn't very likely to happen. This is fairly widespread at the moment. Solicitors aren't applying for legal aid and counsel aren't doing returns so it is affecting everybody.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i did a ple of guilty and its now sent to crown, so if im on my own i can ask for adjournment untill my solicitor is available ?
If this is a committal then I'm surprised your solicitor didnt' apply for legal aid.
Anyway, the Court probably would adjourn for this reason.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i never been in trouble so its 1st time im useing solicitor, but due to the time it happend im told its difficult to help me until strike is over, so kind of stuck waiting on the date or if the strike ends, Pinfull waiting and total scared due to being told i would have to do it myself
Yes, none of us know when it will end. Last time they gave in fairly quickly.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
so all i have to do if its still on is turn up and ask for adjournment untill solicitor is available, take a bit off my mind, thanks
Yes, that is right.