ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

What is the legal maximum percentage raise in rent

Hi what is the legal maximum percentage raise in rent for one year that a park owner can charge a static caravan owner for the pitch on which the caravan stands?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
There is no set maximum increase.
If you have a written contract you should consult that to see if includes details about increases in pitch fees.
Generally - pitch fees can be increased every year and you should be given 28 days written notice.
You can (and should request) in writing why your pitch fee has been increased. Keep a copy of your letter and any response you receive.
If you can't agree with the land owner on what any increase should be - you can apply to a First-Tier Tribunal (Property Chamber - Residential Property) to decide if the pitch fee increase is fair.
The tribunal is independent of government and will listen to both sides of the argument before making a decision.
You should consider contacting the Leasehold Advisory Service. They are a Non Departmental Public Body (NDPB) funded by Government to provide free legal advice to leaseholders, landlords, professional advisers, managers and others on the law affecting residential leasehold in England and Wales. You can can call and speak to one of their advisers. The telephone number is(###) ###-####2500 and their lines are open Monday to Friday from 9:30-15:00. They can advise you in relation to alternative dispute resolution methods and the tribunal process, if necessary.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note that we receive no credit for our work unless positive feedback is received.
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer.