ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My son is 19 in nov and in collage but has a job working

Customer Question

hello my son is 19 in nov and in collage but has a job working ten hours a week plus he works overtime do I still pay csa
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.
Thank you for your question. I am a Solicitor and can help.
Please could you confirm for me the type of course that your son is currently undertaking at college.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
im not sure hes studyin for law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hes had is results but is going back till next june
Thank you for your response.
You really do need to find out what type of course it is that your son is undertaking at college.
Under UK law Child Maintenance is payable until your son turns 20 or enters advanced education. A course equivalent to A levels is not advanced education but further education. A university equivalent course would be classed advanced education.
If his course is now advanced and you are paying maintenance under the CMS then your liability ends the September he starts.
The mother will also stop receiving child benefit when he starts advanced education.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please rate positively - happy to discuss further.