Current position is that we have to take all financial records in for our next mediation session to try and reach an agreement on the monthly total that I will pay her. My wife does not want a lump sum payment in order to have a clean break and would not be given a mortgage due to her being out of work so keeping the house is not an option.
Agreed so far:-
- We will have to downsize and rent/buy 2 smaller houses.
- Children's time will be split 4 nights with her, 3 nights with myself.
- I will pay £520 a month child maintenance
- She will have half of all the assets, house, Pension, belongings + the more expensive family car.
- I will cover our joint loans £12k, she will cover her student loans £7k
- The spousal maintenance she expects to receive.
Is there any way to estimate how much she could expect to receive for spousal maintenance should we go through the courts?
I take home £3150 a month currently, no new partner and will have the boys stay with me 3 nights a week.
My wife receives approx £600 a month in benefits without my contributions and will have them for 4 nights a week.
If you need any further details please let me know.