UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I have a gutter that overhangs the boundary line and has

Customer Question

hi i have a gutter that overhangs the boundary line and has been there for over 25 years -I replacing the gutter - do I loose my right over that space
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Yes, your rights apply to the existing guttering which has been there for over 20 years, not to new guttering, unless your neighbour agrees to you replacing the existing guttering.
All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
but i am replacing like for like but a better one - I think the Land Registration Act 2002 give me prescriptive right over the gutter -there is no where else to put it.
Yes, you have a prescriptive right through long usage to have your gutter overhang into the neighbours property.
Unless you are repairing the existing guttering or replacing it like for like, then arguably a new gutter will reset your clock.
All the best