31090051

If my ex girlfriend smokes £70-£140 worth of an cannabis a

If my ex girlfriend smokes £70-£140 worth of an cannabis a week in the uk can I get custody of my son?
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
If the court decides that she is not fit to have the child living with her then you would have a good argument. I do think that is a lot of drugs and that you have to take steps to safeguard your child. You have to establish that it is not in his best interests to be in her care and that it is in his best interests to be in your care. The quantity of drugs and the effect on your ex both in health terms and economically would all be factors in your favour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats as well as other drugs she has recently been taking e.g cocaine and other drugs pluse shes an ex heroine addict
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
Well that exacerbates her situation. I think you have a more than statable case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And I've only just found out that when she was on methadone she left it in her bag and an ex partner overdosed on it
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
OK. That is even more evidence against her.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How ever I am not on the birth certificate but im in the process of trying to get that changed as my son is eleven months old
Expert:  JGM replied 1 year ago.
That can be dealt with as part of the case overall. I assume there is no dispute as to paternity.