75100385

Is it legal to install a cct camera on your property that capture

Is it legal to install a cct camera on your property that capture public space such as a village common? Would you have to put up a notice?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you..
Is it pointing to the common, or just catching some of it? What % of common is visible as total of the picture?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is pointing to the common and can capture the public footpath, the road and also parts of residential properties. Possibly more
Why is it pointing at the common?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
To protect signs put up by the council for restricted parking
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Signs have been taken down a few times probably by villagers wo have problems with parking. The residents living opposite who the cameras point directly at are concerned about their privacy and also about people who use the common being on camera
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Rotating camera on farm barn facing the common plus one camera behind window in barn. Installed by the owners of the property but protecting council property
You can't do that. Only the Council can. You can only point cameras at your property. You can't point direct into public areas. To do so would be illegal.
You can point them onto your land and if they have a small part of other land thats ok, but the focus must be your land.
I am sorry if this is not the answer you want and certainly not the one I want to give you, but I have a duty to be honest.