12826847

I have agreed to act as surety friend applying

I have agreed to act as surety for a friend applying for bail (he is currently in detention). Once the application for bail is filed, how soon is the court hearing likely to be held? I am planning a holiday and don't want to go away before the hearing.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Do you mean the bail application ? It would be immediate almost. The application is submitted on paper usually the night before the bail application.
If you mean the trial then that could be many months away.
If you mean the PCMH which is usually the next hearing and where your money would be at risk that that depends on local lists but usually within roughly a month.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I mean the bail application. My friend's lawyer hopes to submit all the papers today, (late afternoon), so is it likely that the hearing (in Taylor House, London) will be tomorrow or Friday or perhaps Monday?? Could it be later than that?

My friend is detained in the Dover Immigration removal Centre.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
If this is an immigration hearing then the timescales could be slower because of the backlog but not much longer.