75100385

Is it possible police to taint witnesses. Let me explain,

Is it possible for the police to taint witnesses. Let me explain, in a witness appeal that the Surrey police ran on their website. They appealed for witnesses to an unproved attack, and went on to describe the injuries that one person sustained. It was in fact an altercation started by the injured party and it was the injured party that started the scuffle, the injuries were a slight reddening beside the eye. The way it is put they seem to have instructed any witnesses coming forward as to what they actually witnessed.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Have they said the exact location or how the injuries came about please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes they have given an exact location and an officer is quoted saying that the "victim" suffered bruising on his face. The other participant also suffered injury and had his shirt ripped from him. It all seems a little biased for a witness appeal

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

They also add that one man got out of a vehicle and punched the other in the face!

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok, this isn't tainting. If it went to court then the person would need to describe who was wearing what, what they could see Etc. so it's not tainting evidence just asking for witnesses. They witness would need to describe in detail the exact events, where they were, clothing etc.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.