29905560

Our employer has brought in a eam of photographers who are

our employer has brought in a eam of photographers who are taking photos of us in our work place ,we havent been consulted .
can i refuse to have my photo taken and can i have any say in where these photos can or cant be used .
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Does your contract state you could be asked to have your photos taken?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no nothing in my contract as far as i can see

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
How long have you worked there for?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 years

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
How long exactly as that would affect some of your rights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

2 years 5 months

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Generally the employer would need your consent or a clause in your contract or a workplace policy allowing them to ask you to have your photo taken in order to do so. As taking of photographs will amount to processing of personal data it would come under the Data Protection Act 1998. So it should not be processed without your consent. You have enough service to be protected against unfair dismissal so the employer cannot really dismiss you for refusing to have your photo taken. If you do allow them to be taken then you can make a request for them to be used for a specific purpose and reject consent for them to be used for something you do not want. So it is possible to choose their use If any issues arise remind your employer about their liabilities under the Data Protection Act when they process personal data such as your image.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.