29905560

I have changed my first name from Marian to Marianne by deed

I have changed my first name from Marian to Marianne by deed on line I need it to get my passport do I have to have it signed by someone legal for the passport office or can anyone witness it?
If it has to be someone higher up what choices do I have of who can sign it please thankyou
Marianne
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. You do not need to get the deed poll signed by anyone legal - it is a legal document by itself as long as two witnesses have signed it when you signed it to confirm the change. I have gone through the process myself in the past and obtained a new passport. All I needed was an original of the deed poll, signed by me and two witnesses and it was accepted by the passport office to issue a new passport reflecing the name change.
I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But on my Change of NMe Deed it has only space for one witness signature
Marianne
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
The Government's advice provides for two witnesses:
https://www.gov.uk/change-name-deed-poll/make-an-adult-deed-poll
It is not an issue to add a second witness space
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I see you have read my response to your query. Please let me know if this has answered your original question or if you need me to clarify anything else for you in relation to this? If your query has been dealt with please take a second to leave a positive rating by selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts from the top of the page. If you need further help please get back to me on here and I will assist as best as I can. Thank you.