ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Appeal against a Magistrates court conviction

Dear Madam or Sir I have been convicted of a crime which I did not commit -damage to a farmers vehicle in his field adjoining my grounds. The Magistrates were very unsympathetic that I did not repeat the local lamping laws(farmers have been shooting in very close vicinity of my house and I confronted them, they got a friend my neighbour to say yes they saw me hit a vehicle). I am looking for a barrister with public access for the appeal. I was represented by a barrister today .Could you pl suggest where I can find one. We live in Norfolk which is rural norfolk.

Can I ask for the hearing in appeal court/?crown court to be in London or Manchester or somewhere outside the area as everyone appears to know everyone in this area,

Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Direct Access Barristers are readily available now.
You can try:
http://www.marcuscroskell.com/blog/more-news-posts/magistrates-courts-crown.html
Or
http://www.octagon-legal.co.uk
Once you have completed your Appeal Forms - you have to send these to the Magistrates Court where the original trial took place. You will then be notified by letter when and where your appeal hearing will take place. You don't have any choice as to the allocation - it will normally go to your nearest crown court.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you

You are welcome. I would be grateful if you could kindly leave positive feedback. Thank you