75100385

Vehicle A at minor road. Vehicle at main road signalling

Customer Question

Vehicle A at minor road. Vehicle B at main road signalling to turn into minor road. Vehicle B slows down but minor road "no entry" so cancels signal and continues on main road. Vehicle A has turned out of minor road. collision to front of both cars. No witnesses. Vehicle A willing to take 70% liability quoting misleading signalling. Settle or not?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Did A know it was no entry?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, she lives in the next street and stated she should have known better but she just woke up. Her insurance is only willing to foot 70% though

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I think in that case 70% liability is fair. Even if it went to Court no lawyer will tell you that you have more than a 60% chance of winning, which means 4 out of 10 people in exactly your position will lose. I would have said around 70-80% myself so this is within the range.
I was going to say its 50/50 but bearing in mind she lives there 70% is not unreasonable. Any higher and you increase the litigation risk and could lose 100%.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Alex,

You've been pretty detailed and clear. Thank you for your revert and information.

Cheers,
Thai

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Happy to help!
If this answers your question could I invite you rate my answer before you leave today.
If the system won’t let you please click reply.
Please bookmark my profile if you wish for future help: http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-alexwatts/
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.