75100385

Our car went in mot at our local garage on friday 07

Our car went in for a mot at our local garage on friday 07 august, 2 hours later we received a call saying it had been in a serious accident on their premises which involved an injury to a mechanic, others cars, and the adjoining premises, the fire service, police, and ambulance attended the scene. We were lent a replacement vehicle the following day , the acquisition of which is another story, and were told by the garage both that it was a rite-off and that it could be repaired, we were also told by the garages insurance company similar stories and that an assessor had inspected the vehicle. However it was not until Minday17 August when we had a call from the insurers qualified inspector who advised us that the car is beyond repair, 10 days of not knowing what course of action will be required on our behalf. There are further conditions involved such as my Parkinsons, back and hip conditions which is ths reason we purchased a used Motorbility vehicle but basically are we entitled to compensation for the distress and disruption to our family lives this has caused?
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
How much are you seeking please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do not know what would be reasonable

It will only be nominal. To give you an idea the Court only awards £1100 for a 28 day physical injury and £1980 for a 3 month physical injury.
You need to write and set out your losses and request compensation within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not compesnate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.