JG_Legal
JG_Legal, Barrister
Experience:  Experience of consumer law, financial regulation and criminal law.
79731440

My son is in the prison, he was sentenced to 2 years and

Hi, my son is in the prison, he was sentenced to 2 years and he will be released in octobre. And He will still have one more year under licence, he did't born in UK but he's BRITISH CITIZEN. Now the problem he wants to go back to Morocco to stay there, as soon as he comes out from Prison, is it allow for him to travel if not what he can do to allow him to go before he finish he's sentence. Thank you and sorry about that my english not good.
Expert:  JG_Legal replied 1 year ago.
When your son is released from prison on licence he will still b serving the sentence given to him by the court. It is just the community part of the sentence. Probation will want to see that he is able to be in the community with committing further offences. Because of this it very rare for a person on licence to be able to live abroad straight away, they usually need to spend some time in the community on licence
When deciding whether to let a person on licence live abroad probation with consider the following issues (1.) Does your son have family ties to Morocco (2.) Is the offence for which he is in prison connected to Morocco (3.) Will the chance of him reoffeding be lower if he lived abroad.
The decision to let him live abroad must be authorised by the chief executive of the Probation Service and the Secretary of State.
I hope this answers your question but if you require clarification please ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm satisfied with the answer.Thank you so much.

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
I'm pleased to be of assistance. If you are satisfied could you please accept it and rate me. Kind regards
JG