12826847

My name is ***** ***** could please advise me,while in court

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** could please advise me,while in court the judge said,I should only sign the register for 10 years,I first signed in 2005, I have not been a problem,from leaving prison,can anyone change this,because they don't like me being off the register before they would like, I thankyou for your advice yours sincerely ***** *****
How can I help with this please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The judge said I should sign the register for 10 years can mapper stop this l was speaking with my liaison officer he said l don't think so,I will check can they have this changed

You are asking if they can vary the registration requirements of the sex offenders register?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am sorry I do not know how to rate your replies ,,can they alter what the judge laid down or do something to prevent my signing off the register I am satisfied with your replies olly Black

No.
It doesn't matter what the Judge said on the point.
The sex offenders register follows conviction as night follows day. It is set down for a period consequent upon conviction of the offence. The Judge doesn't set the time period. It is set down by Statute. Judges have no discretion on the point.
If you mean that you are on a Sexual Offence Prevention Order then that is different. Judges have discretion over those and they can be appealed and varied. That does not seem to be what you are describing though.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I am very confused in court I heard someone ask the judge how long I should be on the register for the judge said 10 years , I truly don't know what to think or do,I don't seem to bea

Well, they may have asked for clarification.
But the register follows the conviction and the length of time on the register depends on the offence not upon the Judge.