12826847

I helped a friend out few months back pounds they keep

I helped a friend out few months back for 500 pounds they keep saying they will pay me back but still nothing turns out im not the only one who theyve conned money out of just wondering how i can go about getting it back
Do they have any money?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes they have money

Ultimately, your only options are these.
The first is to write the money off as a bad debt. I imagine that is not attractive.
The second is to continue to debt collect as you have been which is clearly not working.
The third is to sue. Ultimately there is no other way of enforcing debts. It is probably a good idea to send them a letter before action first. It is ultimately only the cost of a stamp to do that. Sometimes it works and sometimes not. Either way, it is cheap and it protects you from a costs application.
If that does fail then you can issue against them here
www.moneyclaim.gov.uk
it will cost about £50 to issue and you can reclaim that from the other side if you win.
It is the type of sum they are likely to pay fairly swiftly to avoid a CCJ on their records so it is likely to be productive.