ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I've just purchased insurance motorcycle.

Hi I've just purchased insurance for my motorcycle.
For various reasons I want to cancel it 2 days after I've purchased it
The broker is telling me that they have a 14 day cooling off period but they have a fee of £55. I told them that under UK consumer protection I can cancel in 7 days at no expence.
An I correct. Thank you.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
Thank you for your question. I am a Solicitor.
If you purchase your bike insurance on the telephone or online - you have a 14-day cancellation period which starts from the day after you enter into the contract for insurance.
This is your entitlement under the Financial Services (Distance Marketing Regulations) 2004.
If you don't make a claim under your policy and you cancel within 14 days of receiving your policy documents, you will be entitled to a refund. Your insurers could choose to make a deduction for the time you were covered for.
You also have to be aware that most policies reserve the right to charge an administration fee. This would be detailed in your policy documents.
I appreciate that this may not be what you want to hear - but this is the position.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my service. Positive feedback is gratefully received
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer