12826847

I parked in front of a dropped curb. There was no sign by the

Customer Question

I parked in front of a dropped curb. There was no sign by the road stating parking rules, nor lines by the road either. Only to discover my car was towed away by the police. Is this excessive punishment for this offence?
I came home around 7:30 am on Thursday 20th Aug, when came out in the evening around 9pm. I discovered my car was missing. I thought my car had been stolen, so I called the police only to discover it was towed away for obstructing a dropped curb. Now I'm given a tow company's number to call. I expect something around £150 to get my car back.
Could I get some advice on what to do?
The towing isn't a punishment. It is a remedy I'm afraid.
Parking in front of a dropped curb is causing an obstruction and they are entitled to free the road of obstructions I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry but this is entirely within their powers and it was lucky they didn't summons you for causing an obstruction as well.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for the prompt reply. Much appreciated.

I guess I was wrong.

No problem and all the best.
Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’. You can also bookmark my profile http://www.justanswer.co.uk/law/expert-remus2004/