How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

My house was reposed when I went through a messy divorce in

Resolved Question:

My house was reposed when I went through a messy divorce in 1996. My wife accepted the debt as I had always given her the mortgage money. In November 2012 Drydensfairfax contacted me saying they expect me to pay. I replied after taking advice with, " I am writing this without prejudice, under the limitations act of 1980 section 5 this debt is no longer forcible, I request proof of debt and last payment made by myself. I have had no further contact from them until last week when they wrote to me saying they are chasing payment. Do I need to pay or even acknowledge this letter.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If you have not acknowledged or admitted the debt within the last 6 years then it is statute barred. Given this was in 1996 they had until 2002 to issue proceedings.
It's out of time, I would ignore it,
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.


Related Law Questions