75100385

My house was reposed when I went through a messy divorce in

My house was reposed when I went through a messy divorce in 1996. My wife accepted the debt as I had always given her the mortgage money. In November 2012 Drydensfairfax contacted me saying they expect me to pay. I replied after taking advice with, " I am writing this without prejudice, under the limitations act of 1980 section 5 this debt is no longer forcible, I request proof of debt and last payment made by myself. I have had no further contact from them until last week when they wrote to me saying they are chasing payment. Do I need to pay or even acknowledge this letter.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
If you have not acknowledged or admitted the debt within the last 6 years then it is statute barred. Given this was in 1996 they had until 2002 to issue proceedings.
It's out of time, I would ignore it,
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.