ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Can employed church pastor invite a youth of 14 on his own

can employed church pastor invite a youth of 14 on his own to his home?
is it lawful for a church pastor to give this youth of 14 alcoholic beverage such as a beer
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
The law relating to alcohol does allow for the consumption of alcohol by those under 18 if individual is aged 5 or older,and is at home or other private premises.
The law only prevents under 18 year olds being able to drink in a public place.
It is therefore unlikely that an offence has been committed.
There is also nothing in the law that would prevent a pastor inviting a child into their home.
If, however, your son has made any disclosures to you and you think that something may have happened that needs investigating then you should report the same to the police.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. Positive feedback is gratefully received. We receive no credit for our work or payment unless positive feedback is received.