ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I walked out of my job 3 weeks ago, my employer contacted me

I walked out of my job 3 weeks ago, my employer contacted me to reconsider and come in for a meeting, I did this and then they suspended me for walking out, so they could investigate the incident. Ok I did,nt leave quietly, I did throw a paddy, but i had no intentions of going back, One of there suppliers has offered me a job, and im worried that there will ruin my chances. The company I worked for was Babcock, and I was involved with the met police contract. I was there for 9 years, in that time they made me fiddle the kpi3 figures so they would not have to pay high penalties. What do I do?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Thank your question.
You are describing that you were put in a difficult position by your employers and that it all got too much.
You might have a claim for Constructive Dismissal. This is where you resign as a result of a hostile working environment.
If you want to make a claim - You need to write to your employer confirming that you do not accept their suspension and that you consider yourself as constructively dismissed.
There are strict time limits to make a claim to an employment tribunal - this being 3 months less one day from the date of your dismissal - so you need to act quickly.
An ACAS Conciliator may be able to assist here. Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law. They can be found at: http://www.acas.org.uk
They have a free Helpline on 0300(###) ###-####for free support and advice.
In relation to a reference - employers you have a duty to take reasonable care to ensure it is true, accurate and fair and that it is not misleading – a duty that is owed to both you and to the new employer.
If they provide a bad reference that they can’t substantiate, they run the risk of you making a claim for damages if you don't get the job, or suffered some other financial loss, because of it.
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note that we receive no credit for our work or payment unless positive feedback is received.