12826847

On taking my pension at 50 years of age I was advised to take

Customer Question

On taking my pension at 50 years of age I was advised to take levelling option; so now I'm coming up to 65 National Grid not only want reduce my pension but also want to take my GMP[ COD] I was made redundant in 1995 ;after being with British Gas for 30 years.
Is this correct; also we were never advised of this and no indication on Pay slips how much was pension and how much was levelling option.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nicola,

I'm prepared to wait and see if you can come back with an answer to my question.

Paul

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Yes, I think it would better to stop the search. I will contact my accountant; he may know the answer. Thanks for trying to help. Paul XX

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I sent you a reply earlier today asking not to continue, as it appears you can't find someone to assist.

I have noticed you have taken £38 payment ;but you have failed to answer my question. Is this correct?

Thank you Paul XXXXXX

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello Paul,
I apologise for any confusion with JustAnswer's payment process. JustAnswer is a paid service, but Experts are only paid after a customer is satisfied with the answer that an Expert has given.
When asking a question on JustAnswer, a customer sets the amount that they are willing to pay for a satisfactory answer to their question. Either before the question is posted, or before the answer to a question is revealed, the customer must make a good faith deposit for the full amount that they are willing to pay for the satisfactory answer to their question. The deposit is fully refundable if the customer is not satisfied with any of the answers.
The Expert who answers a customer’s question is paid only after the customer leaves a positive rating on the question page. The Expert is paid using the customer’s good faith deposit, so an additional charge is not made to the customer unless the customer decides to leave a bonus for their Expert that exceeds the value of the credit already on the customer’s JustAnswer account.
Please confirm that you would like me to process the refund for you and I will do so.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello Nicola,

Thanks for your reply. I think perhaps with my question I might need to wait and see what occurs on receiving my pension.

Nationalgrid pension scheme is very complicated; especially GMP; I'm sure they make their own rules!

If I could have a refund at this time, and if in the future I need assistance I will contact you.

Many thanks.

Paul XXXX