Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I suffered damage to my skin in 2011 as a result of skin

I suffered damage to my skin in 2011 as a result of skin treatment sought in a skin clinic with a renowned plastic surgeon in London. At that time, I was in distress and didn't want to take anymore treatments from them, so, I asked them to return my monies so that I can move onto other treatments. Which they did and had me sign a form that basically prevents any court cases against them in the future.
Now, 4 years on, I have spent 1000's of pounds on creams, laser and peels to cure the damage done to my face. It's still not cured and I would be spending more monies.
The original skin clinic made a huge mistake in their judgement by not checking that I was on certain medications that led to over reaction to their treatment.
I want to sue them and want them to pay all my bills and also give me monies to seek further treatments.
Can I file a case against them now?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help you today.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
There is a limitation on personal injury claims which is 3 years from the date of the incident. In the UK this law is set out in the Limitations Act 1980. So if it's been 4 years since the incident then unfortunately by law you are now out of time to make a claim. Plus, of course, you sought some compensation at the time, which although in hindsight might be inadequate, you did accept it in settlement of your claim.