12826847

Im jointly own a house with my partner (not married)..she

Customer Question

hi im jointly own a house in northern ireland with my partner (not married)..she wants to sell the house so probally she gona get a court order..the house will be sold by the cort.. and i can do nothing about it? she said she dont care we sitting in negative equity..id like to stay in the house becouse a put a lot of effort innit ..i did redo the complett kichen and put in a french door etc..i think i can afford to pay the morgage my own...but i cant pay her share in full wich is around 8k(deposit+net capital) after 4 years of morgage payment together equally.we both living in this 3 bed house in different rooms with locks on the doors...its very diff to negotiate with her couse she is shouting all the time and im affraid she gona say on court am violent and thats why she cant live in this situation and has to sell the house ...i feel very ashamed by the neighbours...i always stay in my room and try to avoid her shouting..i just like to know my rights and can i stay in the house and pay in installments?

Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?