12826847

I was not satisfied with just the answer to do with the giving

i was not satisfied with just the answer to do with the giving of alcohol. what about the Law to do with Pastor inviting my son to his house on his own without another being a witness. surely that dubious behaviour of a P I know from my childhood I would never disclose abuse done to me because my parents had too many problems, and that is the same for my son and his parents too wound up with their unhappiness. Now my son has become estrange from me that makes me feel there was some impropriety.
This might well be suspicious behaviour but that doesn't make it unlawful I'm afraid.
Unless an allegation of specific offences are made I'm afraid the police will not investigate and probably neither will his employers. Authorities cannot conduct enquiries into complaints not made I'm afraid.
I'm very sorry and I understand why you are concerned but I'm afraid that it is just one those things with which the law cannot provide a remedy.
I'm very sorry.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your further question.
My answer remains the same as per your last question - no offence would have been committed by a pastor for allowing your then 14 year old son into his home. There are no requirements for any witnesses to be present. Whilst I appreciate that this may well not be what you are wanting to hear - I have to tell you as it is.
My answer still also remains that if you had any concerns that something untoward had happened then you should report such concerns to the police for further investigation. This is the appropriate and correct action to take.
Kind Regards
Caroline