ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My husband made me sign my half of the property over to him

Customer Question

my husband made me sign my half of the property over to him in 2008 but this was done under duress have i got any recourse seeing as he still owns the house
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer.
It doesn't matter whose name the property is in when you are married.
All assets are matrimonial assets.
If you were to divorce then the assets would be divided. Your husband would have a claim against your property even if he wasn't named on your property. This works both ways so you would also have a claim in respect of your husbands assets including his pension.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please rate positively.