How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ash Your Own Question
Ash, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 10916
Experience:  Solicitor with 5+ years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
Ash is online now

Can I make a complaint about a company called Currencies4You. They

Resolved Question:

Can I make a complaint about a company called Currencies4You.
They held money for me following my property sale in lanzarote.
We were waiting to transfer 110,000 euros to GBpounds.
I believe I was given very bad advice by an employee of this company.
I was contacted late on a Friday afternoon advising me that I should consider changing my funds immediately as the pound was becoming very strong against the euro and that if I held on to my euros they could only see the situation deteriorating.
I was put under pressure and acted on their advice.
The decision was wrong as by following their advice I lost a considerable amount of money.
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
What is it you want to achieve please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do I have any redress against the company are can they be made to compensate me for the actions they suggested I take.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
How much have you lost?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

At todays exchange rate being offered by Currencies4You I am approximately 4,000 pounds worse off than when I was advised to change my funds on the 24th June.

The exchange rate has moved in favour of euro to pound exchange almost every day since that date.

Expert:  Ash replied 2 years ago.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: or by completing form N1 and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Can I clarify anything for you about this today please?
Ash and other Law Specialists are ready to help you