ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

My son has gone to stay with his dad week. We were

my son has gone to stay with his dad for a week. We were never married and he had visited before. This time I was told the day before that they were due to go to a wedding in stafford. My ex partner lives in wrexham. My son was picked up from home yesterday at 9am and usually lets me know when he gets there. I heard nothing until 2.35pm yesterday when he sent me a message saying they were just leaving the services and he would let me know when they got to the wedding. He then immediately sent another message saying that he couldnt contact me when they were there. I then heard nothing until his dad texted me at 1am this morning and have only just managed to speak to my son in the last 5 mins

Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
Please may I ask - how old is your son?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks for your reply. My son is 10

Thank you for your response. Is your son back with you now?
Kind Regards
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes he came back on the agreed day

Thats good to hear - did you get an explanation why it was you couldnt speak to him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i was told by my son that my ex said that he wasn't allowed his phone on the day as they had gone to his dads friends wedding and it would be a distraction. My ex says that they didn't get back til 1am. I was able then to speak to my son in the evenings (usually around 9-10pm) on skype. My son says that his dad was in the room when skype was on and he didn't feel able to talk freely to me about what had been said or done during the day. It has since come from my son that he is unhappy going to stay there and only likes spending time with their dogs

Thank you for your response.
Do you have a current routine in place?
Caroline
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

his dad has requested that phone contact is made every saturday, which my son has stuck to, however so far we cannot get in touch. My son says that my ex and his wife say hes not trying hard enough. We text, phone, skype and email to say that we have tried to make contact. Having also spoken to my exes mum she says its because my ex is always on call when we try contact. My son is really unhappy with this reason because it was his dads suggestion that contact be made on saturdays

I am sorry to hear this.
It is sad that your son is picking up on a lack of commitment of his fathers part.
Unfortunately there is little a court can do to make him a better father.
Kind Regards
Caroline