Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

My neighbour is parking his caravan on his drive but in full

My neighbour is parking his caravan on his drive but in full view of my front window. We have, in all our deeds, a clause that states no caravans or commercial vehicles can be permanently parked on driveways. We are in a private residential cul-de-sac. I have calmly stated the facts to him but he is a bully - what can I do?
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. The first step you should do here, is to get a solicitor to formally write to your neighbour pointing out the legal position to him making clear that if he continues to park his caravan where he is currently doing so, you will take legal action. Failing an alteration in behaviour, you should then issue injunction proceedings in your local court and force your neighbour to move his caravan elsewhere. My guess is that once you put it up to your neighbour, he will concede. At base, all bullies are cowards. So you should simply stand your ground and make clear you are sticking to the legal position. Essentially, your neighbour has not obtained a place to park his caravan and the situation will persist unless you do something about it