Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

I am a clinical professional, and subject to a claim of negligence.

I am a clinical professional, and subject to a claim of negligence. My indemnifiers are dealing with the claim itself but I have grave reservations regarding the handling of the claim and previous claims and I feel severely compromised and appear to have no ability to question how the claim is handled. My question is , do lawyers exist who will defend the interests and professional standing of clinicians who find themselves falsely accused but inadequately defended?
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am happy to help with your question today.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
There are many law firms who will defend you. One leading firm is http://www.rlb-law.com and the Law Society www.lawsociety.org.uk will be able to give you a list of many others. However, if you instruct your own firm, your insurer might not fund representation as they usually instruct people from their panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. what I need is legal advice to assist me making a complaint against the firm dealing with the claim, not to defend the claim itself!

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
There are certainly firms who will help you with complaints and claims against other law firms - but quite frankly your best option is probably to go directly to the Solcitors Regulation Authority - www.sra.org.uk or the Legal Ombudsman - www.legalombudsman.org.uk. They are the professions regulators and going to them will not require the services of another law firm and you will not incur any costs. The organisations are the professions regulators and they have wid ranging and swift powers to investigate and deal with complaints.