12826847

I suppose this is a stupid question but I suppose I must try.A

Customer Question

I suppose this is a stupid question but I suppose I must try.A few days ago I cancelled my passport as I thought it had been stolen. It has since turned up so would it be possible to revert the descision?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
when you say cancelled, do you mean reported it stolen?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
There isn’t anything you can do now about the fact that it has been reported stolen and therefore cancelled. They will not revive it.
However, you do need to tell them that you have found it. They won’t take any action against you for making the report as it was an honest mistake but if you don’t update them and they find out about it then they could.
I realise that is unlikely to happen but it does sometimes to some people and they do take passports and the security of our borders very seriously. I’m afraid there is a well known scam in this country where people sell their passport and then report it stolen to throw the scent of themselves and you don’t want them saying you have done that.
If you make an updating report now then that won’t happen.
On your primarily point though, they would almost certainly have cancelled the passport immediately upon receiving your report and will not be able to reverse that. They will just issue a new one.
Sorry if that is bad news.