13262538

My wife wants to change here name back to her maiden name

Hi my wife wants to change here name back to her maiden name (while still staying married to me). In her current residence card, it says, it will expire in Feb 2019. Now, if we were to get her a new passport (due to the name change) and then apply for
a new residence card, how long will that replacement residence card be valid!? Will it still be valid until Feb 2019? Or will they potentially let it expire in 5 years from now!? The latter would force us to wait another 5 years to apply for a permanent residence
card, correct!?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question
My name is ***** ***** I shall do my best to help you
Your wife will still be able to make her applictaion in February 2019 - this will not be changed bu obtaining a new passport
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called the UKVI hotline, and that guy told me, that we are not able to apply for a permanent residence card, until the current residence card expires. Do you think, he just didn't know better? Because technically, it should depend on the day we came to England, right? That was actually in Sept 2012.
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
HiI think it was simply a misunderstanding - the timing depends on when your wife came to the country - not when a new passport or card is issuedClare
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, so what paperwork would we then need to hand in. E.g. we still have the original letter with the national insurance number that we received one month after we arrived. And then maybe our first lease we signed at the time. Do you think that would be enough to prove, we have been here eversince 2012!?
Expert:  Clare replied 1 year ago.
Yes - and a copy of the other passport
Experience: I have been a solicitor in High Street Practice since 1985 with a wide general experience.