Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor with more than 30 years experience
18726264

I just checked the application procedure residence

Hi, I just checked the application procedure for a residence card in the UK. Seems like the UKBA was replaced by the UKVI. Is the UKVI any better / different then the UKBA? Or is it just a name change? We had so many problems a couple of years ago with
the UKBA...
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 2 years ago.
Hi Sorry you had to wait for an answer. The UKBA was abolished as anexecutive agency in 2013 following criticism of its performance and split into two divisions under the home office. One section deals with enforcement and the other deals with visas and immigration. In reality of course it is largely the same people so I do not expect you will notice much difference other than label changes.
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience: Solicitor with more than 30 years experience