How do I stop Police harassment when I have contact with my

How do I stop Police harassment when I have contact with my children?
This is compromising the relationship I have tried to establish with my children and it is very intimidating for myself and the children. This has gone on for 6 months now and I would prefer it would stop.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What is the nature of the harassment please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

8th Feb 2014 Thames Valley removed my daughter from my care when I had responsibility for her. It was my weekend contact and I have a contact order stating I had the right to have my children. I explained this to the officers in some detail however they claimed to be acting on orders from superior officers and removed my daughter. I objected and explained in detail my rights according to the court order and I explained that I believed their action was unjustified.

Later that evening I rang 101 to check whether my daughter was safe they put the phone down on me. I rang in the morning and asked to speak to a senior officer and the person on the call agreed that this would happen. No officer rang me back to explain the actions of the police.

15th April 2015 followed by police car for some 10 miles when collecting my daughter from a friend's house. The police car had its blue siren flashing so I slowed to let him through. He remained just ahead of me (I drove very slowly all the way back)for 10 miles despite the emergency lights indicating an emergency response.

6th May 2015 while collecting my son several police cars followed me sirens sounding and blue lights flashing and acted unreasonably disrupting my collection of my son and causing intimidation and unecessary disruption to that contact.

Early August police helicopter following myself when I went to High Wycombe with my sond. This was wholly unecessary.

While on holiday I have been persistently followed by the local police which appears to have been initiated by UK police.

All highly unecessary and deliberate disruption of my very limited child contact I have been able to establish after 4 years of appearances in the family courts and with a number of contact orders having been issued.

I would prefer that my very limited contact with my children was allowed to take place without interference by Thames Valley Police and others acting on their behalf. I have limited this to several specific incidents however in reality the police are harassing me on a daily basis and I would like to understand why?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I realise that Thames Valley are the deliverers of this treatment but do you think they might be the agents of somebody else?
For instance, might it be the child's mother who is the cause of all of this by any chance?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have no evidence to prove that however it seems likely that she has provided information to cause this disruption

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, of course she has. Why else would they waste their valuable resources unless she had made a report.
You need to get to the bottom of the cause of this. I would bet my brief fee this week on the cause being this. She dislikes the fact that you are having contact so she makes vexatious calls to the police about your child’s welfare upon which they have to act.
If that is right, then there is absolutely no point in wasting your time upon the police. They are not responsible for this. It would be like treating a symptom and not the disease.
What you need to do is decide how much money you are prepared to spend on this. It may be a costly business.
If you can fund the action then you need to make a FOI request to the police for the CAD and CRIS reports from these calls. That will be refused. You can seek an injunction forcing them to hand this over on the basis that it is necessary for you to sue her in harassment.
If, indeed, she is the cause of all of this then you do have an option in harassment. There is quite clear case law that making continual allegations that lack merit does amount to harassment. Have a look here
although that barrister has moved chambers now.
You can sue her in civil harassment. You might actually be able to do it with the assistance of the Bar Pro Bono Unit as it is likely somebody would be interested in this. It is about time accusers faced some consequences. I rather suspect you would have barristers fighting over this case instead of the usual nonsense that comes into the Pro Bono Unit.
If you do get an order against her then you can send it into the constabulary with a request that this be considered before any other arrests or enquiries be made and usually in my experience that brings an end to the career of a vexatious accuser.
There may also be some options at the family court but that isn’t my area.
I realise that you are annoyed with the police but they are really not responsible. It is not very likely that they have gone off on a frolic of their own and decided to harass you. They would probably much prefer to get on with some proper police work than to be used as a tool to harass you by this professional victim.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am less convinced than you about the police role in all this. Yes I agree my ex wife is most likely behind all this but surely the police cannot be so stupid as to believe her. They have some responsibility to question and investigate any of her allegations and surely then the responsibility is then on the police. Are they really that stupid?

Why are they following me on a daily basis? I can now spot plain clothes detectives easily on a daily basis either in a car behind me or trying to conceal their identity as Big issues sellers(Nottingham when I took my daughter to the National Schools basket ball finals) or some other obvious cover. It challenges my intelligence to understand how the police could be so stupid and put so much resource into tracking my movements. Why is a police helicopter deployed to follow me golfing. Today I believe the Garda Siochana have finally given up the chase and logically have decided whatever information was provided was absolute nonsense and so I am left without harassment for the first time in 6 months. Surely there is some responsibility on the police to realise they are chasing a lost cause. The resources committed are astronomical in cost as I have daily survelaince while in England. It would suggest the police have far too much time and resource at their disposal to be able to continue with such a fruitless endeavour. So I have given you several examples on harassment while my children are present the harassment while they are not with me beggars belief. How do I stop this immediately? Do I need to contact Theresa May? I intend to approach Noirin O Sullivan the Garda Commissioner for an explanation for the harassment while on holiday in Ireland. Please advise immediate steps to take to stop this complete waste of police resource and time and to avoid further aggravation of a very difficult situation I find myself in. I appreciate the advice offered but the solution you have suggested is a long term one and will do nothing to help me today tomorrow and over the final week of my holiday. What can I do now?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Oh no, they probably don't believe her. They often don't. The days have gone when they were allowed to ignore reports though. There are lots of human rights authorities that require them to consider every complaint.
I'm very sorry but they are not following you. Take it from me. If you were the subject of recognisance you would never see the same officer twice. They swap them over as soon as they are spotted to avoid compromise. Reconnaissance is also very expensive to do and therefore extremely rare.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There is definitely reconnaissance. I watch and observe very carefully. Those involved constantly change as I keep pulling in to allow the tail, unmarked police cars(never the same) to pass or stop in the street to watch and observe those trying to follow. So I either have a bad case of paranoia or for whatever reason the police have committed huge levels of resource to watching my movements. Police helicopters deployed to follow me ( I can't begin to estimate what the cost of all this is but it certainly indicates to me that the Police have far too much resource if they can be so wasteful)?

I do want to understand why this is happening. As I indicated the irish police watched me for the first week of holiday and appear to have now backed off. Almost inevitably this will all recommence next week when I return home to the UK.

Can I easily find out why they are doing this?

Stopping this requires getting to the source of the false reports and so I probably need to pursue the route you mentioned. Can you point me in the direction of a suitable solicitor or barrister who might be able to help resolve this. I have no idea how long Thames Valley intend to continue this but they might want to seek advice from the irish police who appear to deploy their very limited resources far more effectively.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I woukd start with the FOI request. That will be refused but it must be done and it is free.
Then follow the steps above.
Experience: Over 5 years in practice