12826847

My name is***** and I have 44 year old daughter

My name is***** and I have 44 year old daughter who is living in my house rent free. She is unemployed presenting very strange behaviur for a number of years ranging from very nice to rude,nasty and threating. I have been in touch with Merton Mental Assesment team but my daughter refused to speak to them. I cant take this situation any longer particulary as my husband is now in the last stages of lung cancer staying at home and looked after myself and profesional carers. She is being very difficult slamming the doors and shouting. I am at the point off putting her suitcases outside the door and changing front door locks.I would like to know if it would be legal for me to do so.
Has she ever paid any rent?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She never paid any rent and I gave her money for her living expences on regular basis.

That is all I need to know.
She is a guest not a tenant. She doesn’t even have a licence to occupy.
In principle, you could literally ask her to leave today and use reasonable force to evict her if she refuses.
I wouldn’t suggest doing that. I would suggest just sending her a letter, or a text or email in which you give her 14 days to vacate. I realise that writing to a person that you live with is artificial but it is ascertainable should you need to prove that this was done.
Then when the time limit expires you can literally wait until she goes out and change the locks leaving her property in a safe location for her to collect.