29905560

I was dismissed from a Hospital pain clinic after 11 years,

Customer Question

I was dismissed from a Hospital pain clinic after 11 years, no early refills, no trying to get stronger meds, full compliance, no problem taking drug screens, and had been more productive in life, enter new pain doctor who took me over from the nurse practioner and physicians assistant who had took care of me for two years as my old pain doctor had left for a bigger better University two years prior, My first visit with this new young doctor he was very criticizing of my old pain doctors treatment regimen and my psychiatrist regimen even though their was many written and verbal communications between them to keep my meds safe and productive for me, my old pain doctor being around 55 board certified PM and my Psychiatrist 71 year old Diplomat and Part Time UVA Professor, Needless to say I let him say his piece as I did not want to upset him, He kept me on the same regimen time being and ordered me for a blood drug screen and vitamin test in which they took 7 tubes of blood, I was notified two weeks later along with my pcp that my vitamin d and testosterone were low due to extended opiate treatment. I was due to go back in two months and I emailed and requested another doctor in the management group as advised by my old pain doctor because of the new doctor bashing the regimen he had me on and the clinic had continued, Needless to say I was never given my request and returned to the new doctor who first of all said that the doctor I requested was not going to see me and then accused me of diverting my opiates saying I had low or non existent levels in my blood, I simply asked for the hospital administrator who was not available and left crying not believing what had just happened, I then went and had a 120 day forensic hair drug level test done and a Labcorp Blood pain clinic test which they only needed 1 tube, My test come back showing exactly the levels expected for dosage taking. What is my legal recourse as this doctor has been demoted from hired pain clinic chair to anestheologist associate in less than five months, the hospital lab has been since taken over by Labcorp in less than a year of me contacting hospital administration with my evidence of innocence, Hospital admits no fault but I am finishing up medical board complaint which was accepted for investigation, Why did this doctor not mention problem with test when he sent my pcp and I vitamin deficiency results or call me in for retest immediately, also why supply my meds for the additional two months after the test, again many test before and never a problem, he did not even consult with my Psychiatrist on supposedly low or non existent opiate levels who will testify for me along with old pain doctor, he has really caused a lot of pain and suffering cut me off cold turkey after 11 plus years, defamation and additional medical cost, Thanks and God Bless
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. When were you dismissed and what are you trying to challenge - the dismissal?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My dismissal was less than a year ago and under Virginia Law I have up to two years to file a law suit for Doctor not following the standard set forth by Virginia Medical Board, I am not trying to challenge but have already proved that the false negative opiate screen that the hospital lab supposedly provided the pain doctor that dismissed me and made a felonious accusation of drug diversion by me was false with my 120 day forensic hair test, and Labcorp Blood Test, I provided this information to the hospital administration proving my Levels of meds were consistent with amount prescribed but they admit no fault on behalf of their employee, 11 plus years with no test problems and a false negative which is evidently a common thing because of accuracy of test and no call for retest, only became a problem when I contacted another Doctor in the group for a appointment as I did not like this guy from first impression, read previous to fill in your questions.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi I did not realise you are in the US, as you posted your question in our UK Law category. I will move it to the US Law one so please do not reply in the meantime as a US attorney will pick it up