75100385

Almost a year ago, I paid the garage up front newer car

Almost a year ago, I paid the garage up front for a newer car as it was being serviced at the time. Part of the total cost included a Car Service Plan for the next two years plus an Autoglym (a protective coating inside and outside of the car.) A few days later when I collected the newer car I asked to cancel these extra services and their costs were subsequently put back into my bank account. However, only now has it dawned on me that I was not reimbursed for the VAT on them.
Please can you tell me whether the garage should have done?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you with this.
Yes if you had a refund then the VAT element should also have been credited back also. However you do have 6years to bring a claim in the County Court if this is not done.
You need to write and set out your losses and request a refund within 14 days or say you will go to Court within 14 days. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy.
If they do not refund you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n001-eng.pdf and take it to your local County Court.
The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.
If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value you would need representation for trial.
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.