29905560

I am a 26 year old male who has applied to university on an

I am a 26 year old male who has applied to university on an NHS course - unfortunately when I was just 17 I received a reprimand for burglary w/I to steal - non dwelling (it was dsused/derelict caravan stuck in the middle of a field about half a mile from where I live (very rural area) which I did admit to visiting. does this reprimand ever come off my record, as it could have a very adverse affect on my chances for university. They will do an enhanced disclosure so this will apparently show. When the reprimand was given in 2006 I was unaware and certainly not explained to that it would show on any records, at that time I did not tell any even parents that I had gone to the police station. I was unaware of the record of it and affect it would have on my future until I applied for a job as a care assistant. thanks
Hello, my name is***** am a solicitor on this site and it is my pleasure to assist you with your question today. Have you had a check since to see if it does appear?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I have had one in the last month as I am presently working as a care assistant in a nursing home and it still on my record.

If you are going to be subjected to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check (this replaced the old CRB check), then whether a past conviction will appear on it depends on what level DBS check is being undertaken. There are three main types of DBS check:· Basic - contains only unspent convictions· Standard – contains spent and unspent convictions, as well as cautions, reprimands and final warnings· Enhanced – same as a Standard but also includes local police intelligence considered relevant to the application However, recent legislation has introduced a filtering system for some offences and they will not show up on a DBS check after a specified period of time has elapsed. The current guidelines are: For those aged under 18, a caution or reprimand for a young offender will be removed 2 years after the date it was issued as long as it was not for an offence on the exempt list, which you can find here: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/229718/list_of_offences_that_will_never_be_filtered_from_a_criminal_record_check_v1.1__xls_.xls So check to see if the offence you were reprimanded for is on this list. The issue with enhanced checks is that even if something would ordinarily have been filtered out, the police have the power to include any additional information on your record, which they believe is relevant to your application. So the main argument may be that this offence is no longer relevant to your applications as it does not relate to an offence which concerns your fitness to undertake an NHS course and it was also from years ago. However, it is for the police to decide what is relevant r not and such decisions are not always easy to challenge. So any challenge would need to be made directly with the police and generally would only be possible once they have issued a DBS check and you disagree with its contents. I trust this has answered your query. I would be grateful if you could please take a second to leave a positive rating (selecting 3, 4 or 5 starts at the top of the page). If for any reason you are unhappy with my response or if you need me to clarify anything before you go - please get back to me on here and I will assist further as best as I can. Thank you