75100385

I exchanged contracts today on a house I bought. However

Hi I exchanged contracts today on a house I bought. However I accidentally used on of my credit cards recently and there is a balance showing on my credit file. I have paid this off now but I am very worried that the bank will withdraw my mortgage offer between exchange and completion based on the fact I have a balance against my name. Is this likely?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will help you.
Was the offer conditional upon you not using your card? How much was the purchase?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi no it was not conditional. £900. Fully repaid now. I have the cash on hand. Silly mistake

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Dont worry you have nothing to be concerned about. They know people spend money on cards. But in any event you have paid it off. So do not worry it wont be withdrawn just because you spent some money on a credit card.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks thats good to hear. Have you ever known of a mortgage offer being retracted between exchange and completion?

Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.
Not unless there was fraud - no
Does that help?
Expert:  Ash replied 1 year ago.

I am just following up to see if there is anything else I can help with?

If you have not done so already might I ask you to rate my answer before you go today please, the button should be at the bottom of the screen.

If you need more help please click reply.