ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I want to create a General Power of Attorney to allow my brother

I want to create a General Power of Attorney to allow my brother in law access to my account so that I can lend my nephew some money to buy a property in both our names and am trying to find a solicitor who can help in New Zealand as I believe any document created in the UK will not be covered by jurisdiction.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer
You should instruct a lawyer in New Zealand to prepare the document.
You would need to take the document for signing in front of a Notary Public. The Notary Public will need to confirm your identity - so you will need to take your passport with you.
Once the document has been signed it will need to be legalised as it is being signed in the UK. It has to be legalised with The Hague Convention Apostille by the Legalisation Department of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in order to be valid for use in the country in which it is required. This link will help you with the process for legalisation:
https://www.gov.uk/get-document-legalised
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please remember to rate positively. Thank you.