Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I wonder if you could help me, I was attacked whilst

Hello, I wonder if you could help me, I was attacked whilst working as a delivery driver, the police were called and I received injury at the time, the doctor signed me off and I gave the certificate to my employers, whilst being injured I also had my glasses broken, this happened last year around June, my company have offered me £70.00.for my glasses and put this in my wage whic I believed got taxed I have asked them if they have any employees insurance but I seem to be getting the run around, do I have any rights here to take the matter further.
Expert:  Buachaill replied 1 year ago.
1. Yes, you do have rights to take a claim for your injuries further. Essentially, an employer is liable to his employee for any injuries incurred in the course of his employment. This includes getting attacked, for no fault of his own, by some third party when acting in the course of his work as a delivery driver. So you should sue for your injuries received. In relation to the claim for your glasses, you have already received compensation for this, so I don't believe you would be entitled to any more. However, you should write to your employer and point out that this £70 should not have been taxed and get the mistake corrected. You should get a solicitor for your injury claim. Here, if you do not want to pay up front, you can reach a contingency fee arrangement with a solicitor to take the case on your behalf for a percentage of the monies recovered.