Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am an Italian citizien,My passport espirere in 2013. Can

Customer Question

I am an Italian citizien,My passport espirere in 2013. Can i still go to Italy??
Expert:  Buachaill replied 2 years ago.
1. You need one of either two documents to travel from the UK to Italy. Either your passport or your National Identity card. Without one of these two documents, you won't be able to board a plane or cross a border from the UK to Europe. This is because the UK is not part of the free movement without passports Schengen Area. So a passport or identity card is necessary to travel from the UK to any other part of the EU apart from the Republic of Ireland. So you will most likely have to apply for a passport, I regret to say.