12826847

Inc January I had a slight accident with my car and another

Inc January I had a slight accident with my car and another car in a leisure centre car park.
There was a witness, but the lady involve in the accident said she was not needed and sent her away. In her statement she also claims that I failed to stop at a Give Way sign, but there are no Give Way signs in the car park. She also produced a friend who witnessed the accident and claims I said I did not see the second car. The accident was on CCTV but was erased before my insurers could veiw it. I have been told I can go to court or pay 50% of costs. I do not want to go to court but feel aggrieved my case is based on a lie and lost CCTV. Dianne
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I accept the 50/50 offer? I feel this is not right since the cctv coverage would have solved the problem, and I could not stop at a Give Way sign that does not exist, and I am sceptical about the word of the witness who suddenly emerged. Dianne
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Well, ultimately if you are not willing to go to court is the only option.
Your insurers are liable on your behalf and they are making a risk assessment of the merits of the case. Realistically, without CCTV and with a witness that is adverse to you, even if she is biased, it is likely that you would lose and so they are making offers.
Whether the CCTV would assist or not the fact remains that it does not exist now and your insurance company are dealing in risks and their management.
You can go to court but probably there is a caveat in your insurance that renders you personally liable for costs if you do.
I'm very sorry but that is your position.