12826847

I have my own shop in a building incorporating 20 other shops.

I have my own shop in a building incorporating 20 other shops. One of the other shop owners has been spreading rumours I am a paid escort (untrue). She has also stood right outside my shop glaring in at me because I confronted one of her employees about this. Is there anything I can do about this?
Has she made contact?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes. She demanded an apology for entering her shop and confronting her employee.
I also have been told that her close friend has been given access to my shop after closing time. Am just feeling harassed and bullied by it all
Was this just on one occasion?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The escort rumour has been around for a week or two now. Apparently her and her friend have been searching for dirt on me??
She only stood outside the shop once but other shop owners said it was intimidating.
I know her friend has been in my shop after hours on more than one occasion. All the units are open. They are in 3 different barns. Mine is separate to hers and is locked at closing time. I have been told one of the managers has reopened the barn so she could go check on my stock.
There is a vile clique among a select few.
I'm afraid this doesn't amount to harassment.
There was only one incident of conduct and the harassment legislation demands a course of conduct. That has generally been defined as more than two incidents.
She may well be planning something else and then that may turn this into harassment but she is not there yet I'm afraid.
In relation to rumours and searching for information upon you I'm afraid that nobody can stop her doing that. The question is what action she takes with it.
You could probably get a solicitor to write to her warning her of the laws of harassment and suggesting that she does not enter your shop even at this stage. That would cost about £100 plus VAT and might well achieve the end you desire.