ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

Employees rights. I would like to understand how to negotiate

Employees rights.
I would like to understand how to negotiate a good deal if a person was being made redundant.
what government bodies advise on employment law?
Which union is suitable to become a member for qualified accountants?
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 1 year ago.
There is a statutory minimum for redundancy for employees.
Employees who have been working for their current employer for 2 years or more will get:
half a week’s pay for each full year you were under 22
one week’s pay for each full year you were 22 or older, but under 41
one and half week’s pay for each full year you were 41 or older
There are some caps. The length of service is capped currently at 20 years and weekly pay is capped at £475.
The maximum amount of statutory redundancy pay is £14,250.
Some employers might offer more than the statutory but they do not have to do so. The employees contract of employment would need to be checked to see if it provides for more than the statutory.
Acas (Advisory, Conciliation and Arbitration Service) provides free and impartial information and advice to employers and employees on all aspects of workplace relations and employment law. They are governed by an independent council. They can be found at: http://www.acas.org.uk
They have a free Helpline on 0300(###) ###-####for free support and advice.
I can not personally recommend a Trade Union for an Accountant however you could try:
https://worksmart.org.uk/tools/union-finder
Kind Regards
Caroline
I would be grateful if you could kindly rate my answer. I am new to this service and positive feedback is gratefully received. Please note that we receive no credit for our work or payment unless positive feedback is received.