Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Ive been assalted by door staff at the enterence of

Customer Question

Ive been assalted by door staff at the enterence of a Newcastle nightclub. I didnt do anything wrong and i wasnt drunk either. After being assaulted for nothing i kicked off and got arrested for drunk and disordely. The funny thing is the police were yards away with backs turned. I made a report of assault by the doorman, cctv came back with nothing at the enterence but just me walking away from enterence.
Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

What could i do? They have me on cctv at enterence but not the assault

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Understood. When are you going to court from D&D? Do you have any previous convictions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Its not as the case has been dropped i also have no previous convictions

Expert:  Alice H replied 1 year ago.
Great that's good news. You have a couple of options here: you could start a private prosecution against the door staff ( if you can identify them ) for assault or you can sue the staff and the nightclub for compensation for personal injury. A private prosecution must be started in the Magistrates Court and you have a maximum of 6 months from the date of the incident in which to start proceedings. Personal injury claims must be started within 3 years. It's unlikely that the police or the nightclub will assist you very much so I recommend that you instruct a solicitor to help you with this - depending on the value of your claim the solicitor might be able to do this on a 'no win, no fee' basis.