ukfamilysolicitor
ukfamilysolicitor, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor Currently specialising in Family. Also experienced in Corporate, Employment, Civil Litigation, Debt Recovery
74916426

I have discovered that a document claimed to be written by

I have discovered that a document claimed to be written by me as a witness statement is going to be used in a child custody case. One of the parents involved has a history of violent assault & I do not wish for my name & this statement to be released to him. I did not give my permission for anything I have written to be used in the case & have not been asked to sign it as a true description of the event I witnessed. What can I do? I have only just found this out & I am going on holiday in a couple of days which means I will not be in the UK for the full hearing.
Expert:  ukfamilysolicitor replied 2 years ago.
You should contact the court where you think the matter is being heard. Ask for an email address and send an email to the Court for the attention of the Judge outlining your concerns.
Please note that if your statement has not be signed with a Statement of Truth and you are not available to provide oral evidence to confirm the position then a Judge might only apportion very little 'weight' to your purported statement. If you are however concerned then do contact the court and ask to send a letter to the Judge.
Kind Regards
Caroline
Please remember to rare positively - happy to discuss further.